Friday, June 23, 2006

reflections Kit Hill


.....
which causes us to reflect on the quarry lake. What is it about reflections that soothes the eye? The reflection seems more interesting than the reality.

Perhaps reality is a pale reflection of some higher canine dimension casting its shadow in this space, each reflection becoming less material than its predecessor.

Is this Spot I see before me real or not? Am I the result of the collision between two multi dimensional dogbranes? Should I have a nap now or later?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spot, you clever old thespian, ("Is this Spot I see before me..."). Yes, this fan 'spotted' your Shakespearian allusion. Careful, though, or your Master might use another quote against you from the same source:

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!" It is, of course, from the rather bloody play MacSpot. And, guess who replies after the "out, damned...etc." speech? THE DOCTOR! This is getting spooky, Spot. Perhaps we'd better leave it there, given the torrid context.

Rationalist (who still can't remember his password.)

Spot said...

are you trying to duff me Up? I am sure I have used the damned spot reference already but it seems to have been drenched in oblivion, a well known arabic perfume

Anonymous said...

Ah! Spot, this is getting cleverer and cleverer. Apart from the really nice witticism "drenched in oblivion...", there is your "are you trying to duff me up?"

Ha! No, Spot, I am trying to Macduff you up, and of course Macbeth ("out damned Spot") fought with MacDuff after they together had found the body.

Good grief, this is exhausting. Time for a bone, Spot, or G&T.
Yrs., Rationalist (no password etc.)